[HamWAN PSDR] Metal 5SHPN Network Help

Rob Salsgiver rob at nr3o.com
Sun Mar 5 17:10:19 PST 2017

Cory,This is pretty much the question I had brought up after working with Tom I think when bringing up the Monroe hospital.  All I was looking for was to expose the site's router (RB2011 in this case) to grab a public IP similar to a DSL or cable connection.  Configuring a public subnet just to have an external IP on an internal router seems to add more administration than would be needed for 90% or more of the sites.  Having the firewall configurations being done/updated on a normal basis out at the antenna/metal means you have to GO to the antenns to reaet the router if there are and config snags (been there/done that).  Having the user-managed device be inside the building is a LOT more convenient when something goes TU and leaves the antenna router in a more static/stable condition.  Please keep me in the loop for what becomes the preferred config for this as I expect to have most of my sites in this situation.