[HamWAN PSDR] Metal 5SHPN Network Help

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Sun Mar 5 17:49:15 PST 2017

Rob,

When you and I were talking about this, the point I was trying to make is,
why stop at one? Why do you only want HamWAN on the site router? It's no
problem to give you as many addresses as you need to cover all the devices
at the site. For instance, we have EOCs with a full public /24 dedicated to
end-user devices. There's no need to NAT; we have plenty of addresses
available. The benefit of this, in the long run, is that people can add
devices in the EOC, hospital, etc., and not have to request port forwarding
for apps that require it. We set up the /24 once and then don't have to
make changes every time someone wants to add an Echolink node. It just
works.

Tom