[HamWAN PSDR] HamWAN demo, Feb. 6-7, 2019

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:41:13 PDT 2018

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018, S. Aberle wrote:

> Two demonstration possibilities come to mind, a live video feed (perhaps with
> Camp Murray) plus sharing a desktop to show dragging and dropping an ICS-213
> form between agencies.  Does anyone have any other ideas for things to
> demonstrate which would emphasize emergency communications capability via
> HamWAN?

How about a live APRS feed from each area to the other, showing mobiles running around.

Manually place objects/items on the APRS map and show them appearing on maps at the other end.

Can also do APRS messaging between the stations.

I'm not talking about sharing screens across HamWAN, but having two APRS programs running, one at each end.

I know the above would be a low bandwidth demo, but emergency uses for it are potentially high. Particularly the placement of objects showing where resources are located and moving them on the map manually as they are deployed.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS Usage Pages:  http://we7u.wetnet.net/usage.html