[HamWAN PSDR] Remote SDR receiver available

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Wed Jul 11 16:05:13 PDT 2018

Glad to hear it's amusing someone.  :)  I recently spent some time
setting up a DRM <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Radio_Mondiale>
decoder with that Kiwi.  Basically Kiwi SDR in IQ mode -> VB-Cable
<https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/> -> Dream
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/drm/> in "I/Q Pos Split" mode, with
the missing AAC+ DDL here
<http://www.travelradio.lv/drm/drm_new_software/dream/dream1.14/dream_1.14.zip>.
Ended up recording <http://www.hamwan.org/DreamOut.mp3> some 250kW
broadcast all the way from Kuwait.  Not the most thrilling of content,
but still neat to hear Hi-Fi stereo on HF.

The antenna is a large (7ft?) CB whip.  Not base loaded, just attached
to the center conductor of the coax, with the shield attached to the
ground rod.  Perhaps some of the folks who installed it took pictures.

--Bart