[HamWAN PSDR] Mt Brenton

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Sun Jul 22 21:51:19 PDT 2018

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 8:08 PM Steven Bradshaw <ve7cbh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good evening all
>

> My name is Steve, VE7CBH.  I have been lurking on this list for some time
> now waiting for the right opportunity to further things along.  What I was
> waiting for was the link from Mt Brenton VE7RNA repeater site just west of
> Chemainus BC to the BCWARN system.  That link has now been commissioned.
> https://www.bcwarn.net/intermapper/rf-map.html
>

> Mt Brenton is at 4000 feet, and has a shot into WA.  Haystack @ ~140KM is
> a possibility.  Is there any interest to pursue this link?
>

> Steve de VE7CBH

Hi Steve,

I wasn't sure what this had to do with Larch Mountain, so I changed the
subject. I hope you don't mind.

140 km would be quite the shot for 5 GHz!

We are planning to install at Lookout Mountain very soon. That shot would
only be 112 km--a lot, but a little more realistic. Let's see if we can
pull that off.

Are you active with BCWARN? What sort of peering arrangement is desired
with HamWAN? It would be nice for our respective EOCs to be able to
communicate via the microwave path.

Tom KD7LXL