[HamWAN PSDR] Meeting notes March 5th, 2013

Bart Kus me at bartk.us
Tue Mar 5 20:46:26 PST 2013

1) Ben published draft bylaws.  We'll review/tweak this week, and then
submit for voting.  He's continuing to investigate insurance policy.  I
need to forward MicroHams policy info to him.  Ben will help with setup
on Friday by way of truck.  Ben's also putting together the
server/switch side of the Flea Market demo.  Setting up asterisk as one
service.

2) Curt got us a 50 minute presentation @ SeaPac!!!  Details
forthcoming.  He'll forward background image to Ben for banner creation,
and will submit own design if possible.  Curt will engage with Seattle
ACS folks to see how HamWAN can help their emergency activities.

BANNER DESIGN MUST BE SUBMITTED TOMORROW

3) Cory's back and working on 802.1x/authentication.  Was off the last 2
weeks.  Will supply SIP phone for Flea Market.

4) Rob couldn't attend but here's his update:

Greetings all,

I will be unable to make >this< meeting tomorrow, due to >another<
meeting.  Perhaps we should have a meeting about scheduling meetings?
(no, just kidding)

1)Rotor control software progress -- moderate, but not nearly fast
enough.  Availability of time is the issue.  1^st run in VB is probably
75% along.  Got the cable back from Scott so I can test.  Need to pick
someone's brain on the interface to the test equipment.  Do I simply
poll for whatever value is presented (i.e. the TE is continuously
sending output), or do I need to send a command parameter then get a
response, etc, etc.

6)It looks like I will be going to Puyallup after all.  Previous
commitment has been cancelled.  Not sure how much time I'll have between
now and then, but what needs to be done?  (I'm really going to hate
myself for asking that...)  I cannot be there late as we do have other
commitments that evening around 6 up north.

Rob

5) KD7ILD will contact Housing Authority about hosting sites.  Focus on
Beacon Tower.  Other site development in progress as well.

6) I'll setup the cell site here and generate OpenVPN creds for people
to dial in and make sure everything is working prior to the Flea Market.

General discussion points:

1) We'll go with the full blown RF analysis display @ Flea Market.
Heavy, but nifty.  There will be enough people to cover the table so
things don't get messed with.
2) New member "megor" has promised to get his ham license this
Saturday.  Go Team Megors!
3) Banner printing will have to be local / quick.  FedEx is looking
likely.  I'll check their rates.
4) We postponed the discussion on the FCC's Notice of Proposed
Rulemaking.  I need to draft a response and have the board sign it on
behalf of HamWAN.  Send it to state rep and ARRL and FCC?  We'll figure
that out.

Many other finer points were omitted from this email....